Our involvement in medium speed diesel power plants began with a north Jeju project in 1985. This was followed by similar projects for the Samsung Everland theme park in Korea, the Korea Aerospace Industries research center, Seongnam Passenger Terminal and a Filipino client. Our medium speed diesel power generators have also been used in emergency backup systems for four Korean nuclear power plant complexes (Wolsung, Youngkwang, Uljin and Kori). The track record is the testament to the outstanding quality and performance of our products.
Upon the needs of the client, Doosan Engine provides integrated services from basic design and construction to operation and maintenance of power plants.
- Preliminary and detailed design of plants
- Supply of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation products
- Civil engineering and construction, Installation of mechanical and electrical facilities
- Plant commissioning, Training for operators
- Operation and maintenance of plants
Investment costs are low, and capacity expansion is easy.
The low shutdown rate assures a stable power supply, and with high availability and high load factors, capacity factor is also high.
It has a long life span, and is easy to operate, maintain and repair.
With its quick supply time and easy transportation, it can be used for the various purposes of base and peak loads and emergencies.